Recourse for redressal: Civil Courts, Labour Courts or NIRC

In case of any legal action taken by an employee, the company can respond to them depending upon which forum the complaint has been taken to. The workmen can take their complaint to the Labour Court or National Industrial Relations Commission (NIRC) and non-workers can take their grievances to the Civil Court.

Mode of Termination of Employment

While advising a company, we may be faced with advising a company on modes of termination of employment of services where an employee has been found to have conducted fraudulent activities. The question would be, can such an employee be relieved of his services immediately without any prior notice period and can he/she take any legal action against the company?

First High Court Committee on Social Impact Laws

We are very pleased to announce that our senior Partner Advocate Mrs. Ammara Farooq Malik has been nominated as the Chairperson of the ‘Climate Change, Infrastructure, Gender & Social Entrepreneurship Laws Committee’ of the Lahore High Court on 15.6.2020.